Marketing Assistant/Social Media Coordinator
FULL-TIME PERMANENT POSITION
Fernie Brewing Company is looking for a Full-Time Permanent Marketing Assistant/ Social Media Coordinator to join our crew. Fernie Brewing Company is a fast growing and dynamic craft brewery situated in the well-known and popular ski and mountain town of Fernie, BC, located near the BC/Alberta border. We are an award-winning brewery with exceptional year-round and seasonal brews.
We are seeking someone to work with our Marketing Team under the leadership of our Brand Manager. The individual must be highly organized, social media savvy and able to work in a fast-paced environment. They must be a self-motivated and hardworking individual who works well with others.
Day to day Marketing Assistant duties will include:
- Core support of the Marketing Team on a variety of projects
- Assisting with general office administration tasks
- Basic design and management of Promotional Material (InDesign and Photoshop)
- Liasing with FBC Sales Team to ensure they have the tools needed to sell our products
- Organizing, coordinating and attending various festivals and events
- Managing sponsorship requests
- Coordinating in-house Tasting Room events and product launches
- Online Customer Service
Day to day Social Media duties will include:
- Developing creative and engaging text, image and video content across all FBC's social media platforms
- Maintaining FBC's brand identity across all FBC channels and external platforms
- Website updates (Drupal), and promoting our online store
- Measuring web traffic and monitoring SEO via monthly reports for each channel
- Staying up to date and hitting targets of # of likes/followers/views
- Business Degree or Diploma in Marketing, New Media or Relevant Field
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Coordinator, minimum 2 years
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator are a must
- Website experience - ideally using Drupal
- Highly competent in all things Social Media: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Trip Advisor, UnTapped
- Have experience creating and managing successful Social Media campaigns
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written communication skills with emphasis on proofreading and grammar
- Independent hard-working, with strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Craft beer lover!
This position will be approximately 40 hrs per week Monday to Friday, and offers competitive wages and benefits.
Please forward your letter of intention, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com quoting job reference #Social or fax to 250.423.7733. Resumes without cover letters will be unlikely to be considered. Please contact 250.423.7797 with any questions.
Job closing date: February 5th. Looking to start immediately.
We thank all applicants; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.