FULL TIME PERMANENT POSITION:
Fernie Brewing Company is looking for a Tasting Room & Store Manager to join our crew. Fernie Brewing Company is a fast growing and dynamic craft brewery situated in the well-known and popular ski and mountain town of Fernie, BC, located near the BC/Alberta border. We are an award-winning brewery with exceptional year-round and seasonal brews.
In this important role, you will oversee our Guest Experience, managing Staff and Operations of the Tasting Room. You’ll be the face of Fernie Brewing Co. providing an informative & educational experience to our craft beer drinking guests from around the world. You’ll share the Fernie Brewing Co. story and educate our guests on the history, culture, brewing process and our portfolio of delicious beers. In this multi-tasking role, you will also sell merchandise & packaged beer, fill growlers and service bulk keg orders.
Day to day duties will include the following:
- Oversee the entire Guest Experience in our Tasting Room
- Recruit, lead and train a team of servers
- Providing knowledge to our guests on the brewing process, craft beer & Fernie
- Serving and selling delicious beer
- Customer service and retail sales
- Purchasing Merchandise & Managing Inventory
- Merchandising & display building
- Bulk Keg Orders
- Fulfilling online store orders
- Manage and oversee our “Cheers to Charity” Donation Program
- Collaborate with our Social Media & Marketing Coordinator
- Cleaning & re-stocking shelves
- Assisting on our packaging lines when needed
- High School Diploma
- 19 years of age or older
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Craft Beer and the Craft Beer Industry
- Ability to create and add to a friendly and fun atmosphere in our Tasting Room
- Previous serving & sales experience
- Working knowledge on how to operate and control POS systems
- Previous experience with cash-outs & cash handling
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Serving It Right Certificate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a Canadian Resident or hold a valid work permit
This position will be approximately 40 hours per week and requires working on weekends and holidays. Fernie Brewing Co.offers competitive wages, Medical & Dental Benefits Package, RRSP Matching Plan, and delicious beer!
Please forward your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com quoting job reference TastingRoom or fax to 250.423.7733. Resumes without Cover Letters are unlikely to be considered. Please contact 250.423.7797 with any questions.
Job closing date: April 14, 2017
We thank all applicants; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.