Fernie Brewing Company is a fast growing and dynamic craft brewery situated in the popular mountain town of Fernie, B.C. We are passionate about brewing exceptional beers and the people who make it all happen. We believe in working hard and playing harder and are looking for results-oriented team members that are stoked about the outdoors and our brand. To us, it’s not just a job, it’s a way of life!
What you’ll be doing:
As part of the Tasting Room Team, you’ll be the face of Fernie Brewing Co., providing an informative, educational, and fun experience to our craft-beer drinking guests from around the world. This role requires a hands-on individual to serve our craft beer, sell merchandise & packaged beer, and fill growlers in a fast-paced setting. You’ll also share the Fernie Brewing Co. story and educate our guests on the history, culture, brewing process, and portfolio of delicious beers brewed here at Fernie Brewing.
We believe in quality, community, collaboration and mountain culture in a fun, inclusive work environment.
Main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Being the face of the brewery in our Tasting Room & Storefront
- Serving and selling delicious craft beer
- Customer service and retail sales
- Processing keg rental pickups and returns
- Fulfilling online store orders
- Providing knowledge to our guests on craft beer, the brewing process, and Fernie
- Cleaning and re-stocking shelves with merchandise and packaged product
- Occasionally assisting on our packaging lines if needed
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- High School Diploma
- 19 years of age or older
- Previous serving experience preferred
- Retail sales experience an asset
- Previous experience using a retail POS system an asset
- Serving It Right Certificate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A love of delicious craft beer!
This permanent position is approximately 24-32 hours per week. Working on evenings, weekends, and holidays is required. We offer a competitive compensation package, including dental, medical and lifestyle benefits. At FBC our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
If you are interested in this exciting role, please apply with resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting job reference ID #TastingRoom.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team, please note only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Closing date: Friday, June 11, 2021.