Submissions for beer no.6 ARE NOW open!
With Brew No. 5 of our Discovery Series, we did the successful swap from photos to Fernie-themed art! And we’re staying the course, for the upcoming Brew No. 6 launching this spring. The application period is open until Jan 29, 2023. Check out the below, to find out more and how to submit…
FBC DISCOVERY SERIES: ART COMPETITION
WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT?
Here at Fernie Brewing Co., we’re as passionate about brewing great beer, as we are about our small mountain town and our amazing local community. We have a wide variety of year-round classics, seasonal specialties and limited-release favourites available throughout Western Canada, however we’re equally as stoked about our locally-exclusive DISCOVERY SERIES brews. This innovative series is available locally only, in small quantities, with a new brew dropping in our Tasting Room every few months. Available in tall cans and on tap, this series serves as a chance for our Brew Team to show their creative flair and gives FBC a chance to offer up something special to our local, supportive community.
This is where you come in. To add to the creativity of this series, we started by featuring local photography on our can labels, showcasing our amazing mountain town. After four amazing photography-featured cans, we switched it up for Brew No.5 to feature Fernie-themed art as part of the can design. Brew No. 6 will be a springtime Hefeweizen with notes of banana and clove. The beer is missing one essential thing though – your artwork!
Whether it’s done in pen, ink, ProCreate, or any other medium you can think of, we’re here for it. Interested in submitting a piece? Check out how, below…
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
Apply via the online application form at the bottom of this page.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Anyone and everyone. Artists do however need to be of legal drinking age.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are leaving content up to you! However, as a local-to-Fernie series, we’re looking to showcase the amazing local area + all the abundant adventure that can be found within it – highlighting (in this case), all things springtime.
While we encourage creations in any + all mediums, pieces must be photographed or scanned to appear on the label.
- Art requirements: High res, landscape orientation (as wrapping around a tall can).
- Dimensions of the live area, are 8.125″ x 5″ with a 0.125″ bleed.
- You may only submit pieces of art you have created, with full legal rights to the piece you are submitting.
- You may submit up to 3 pieces for each submission.
- The selected winner gives all art rights to FBC, allowing the art/scan to be used for marketing purposes of Beer No.6.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
The artist of the chosen piece will receive:
- A $200 gift card to our Tasting Room or Online Store
- A tour of our canning line, while Discovery Series Beer No.6 gets canned. Please note, that the canning date will be non-negotiable as it depends on production. Should you not be able to make the date, we can offer an alternate tour during business hours, however we cannot guarantee the canning line will be in operation at that time.
- A flat of Discovery Series Beer No.6, showcasing your winning art + Instagram Handle. Artist must be able to travel to Fernie to pick up their flat of beer.
- Cross-promotion on FBC Social Media + Blog on FBC Website
- Serious bragging rights. Just ask Beer No.1 winner, @Dalemontphoto, Beer No.2 winner, @Danyaltaylor, Beer No.3 winner, @Creevy, Beer No.4 winner, @rockymountainscrambler or Beer No.5 winner @megskizzy
HOW TO APPLY
ABOUT BEER No.6:
Beer No. 6: a classic German-style Hefeweizen with notes of banana and clove will launch in April 2023 – perfect for spring! For your submissions, think of springtime-vibes and adventure a la Fernie-style….
SUBMISSION PERIOD FOR BEER No.6:
Submissions for Beer No. 6 will be open from January 9 – 29. Only shortlisted artists will be contacted for further correspondence. But we thank everyone for taking the time to apply!
To assist, be sure to download our beer label template, below, for safe-space measurements. Dimensions of the live area, are 8.125″ x 5″ with a 0.125″ bleed.